August 9th marks a special occasion – International Linen and Uniform Service Day! At WW Uniform Service, your trusted local uniform provider for almost 100 years, we are thrilled to commemorate this day by honoring the valuable services that uniforms provide. Uniforms play a vital role in various industries, and at WW Uniforms, we understand the difference is in the details.
History of International Linen & Uniform Service Day
August 9, 1910, was a special day in laundry technology with the patenting of the first electric-powered washing machine, named “Thor,” by Alva J. Fisher. To celebrate this significant milestone, the Textile Rental Service Association (TRSA), backed by numerous companies in the industry, officially registered this occasion as a holiday.
Since the patenting of “Thor,” we’ve witnessed some incredible advancements in the industry, and in our company! When WW Uniform Service initially started in 1924 we were only a laundry company. By 1948, we had already opened two additional plants and started to offer dry cleaning services, and by 1973 we started to offer local businesses a uniform rental program, which grew quickly. Continuing to embrace progress, we’ve been implementing new technology, such as RFID Garment Tracking, to ensure our customers continue receiving the highest quality products and service.
Being a local, family-owned business, we prioritize nurturing our long-standing relationships. Our commitment to staying on top of industry trends is evident through our involvement with associations such as TRSA, CSCNetwork, and Dry Cleaning & Laundry Institute International. We look forward to witnessing all the future developments that lie ahead!
5 Reasons to Celebrate Uniforms from WW
When you think of uniforms, what comes to mind? Healthcare uniforms that protect against cross-contamination? High-visibility uniforms that provide safety for industries such as construction, automotive, and utilities? Or maybe you think of corporate apparel that displays a brand’s logo? Whichever uniform it may be, at WW Uniforms we go above and beyond in quality and service. Here are a few ways how:
- RFID Garment Tracking: Our uniforms are tracked with Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) chips to guarantee the accuracy of deliveries every time.
- Sustainability: We use biodegradable soaps, are Clean Water Act (CWA) compliant, and focus on reducing water & energy usage in our facilities.
- Local Provider: We have been providing exceptional service to local businesses in the Wallingford, Connecticut area for almost 100 years. Choosing to work with a local provider results in higher customer satisfaction, investing money back into your community, and reducing environmental impact.
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) Certified & Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) Compliant: Our uniforms follow strict regulations ensuring they meet the highest industry standards so we can deliver safe and sanitized uniforms.
- Custom Branded: Show company pride and display your logo on apparel & accessories.
WW Uniform Service is worth celebrating every day of the year. Contact us today and experience how the difference is in the details.